Omaha Autism Society Puzzle Walk & 5K Run
Online Registration is now closed--but you can register Saturday morning.
**NOTE** Online 5K registration has closed. We will accept walk up registrations on Saturday starting at 7:30 a.m.
The Autism Society of Nebraska is proud to announce our 2015 Autism Society Puzzle Walk!
DATE: April 18, 2015
7:30 a.m. Registration for 5K and Puzzle Walk
8:30 a.m. 5K Run
8:40 a.m. Puzzle Walk
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. Indoor events open
11:30 a.m. Closing Ceremonies
PLACE: Ralston Arena, 72nd & Q Streets
$15 Adults 19 and over
$10 for those 18 and under
$35 for 5K runner
The Autism Society will be hosting our Omaha Autism Puzzle Walk and 5K run at the Ralston Arena in Omaha. Come join us for a great family event with bounce houses for ages 1-101, carnival games, face painting, character appearances and loads of fun! This INDOOR venue allows to go on rain or shine--the only outdoor activities will be the 5K Run, a Puzzle Walk that is about a 2 mile Leisure Walk and the Closing Ceremony Tunnel Walk.
For non-5K participants:
- NEW FOR 2015 - The Puzzle Walk has been extended to be up to a 2 mile walk for those who would like to have a longer walk than just the Closing Ceremony Tunnel Walk.
- Puzzle Walk is included with your Adult/Child registration at no additional cost.
- Puzzle Walk begins at 8:40 a.m. right after the 5K. It is a course that is up to 3K, it is not timed and no prizes are awarded. It is an out and back route so you can make it as long or as short as you desire.
- Online registration open until April 17 at 10:00 p.m. Registrations will be accepted day of the walk.
- Cotton Tshirts are only guaranteed to those who order to April 4, 2015. A limited quantity will be available to purchase for $10 on the day of the walk.
- Late registration will not incur a late fee.
- Registration and check in begins at 9:00 a.m. on April 18 unless you participate in the Puzzle Walk. Puzzle Walk participants may check in starting at 7:30 a.m. or can check in after they walk.
- The Closing Ceremony Tunnel Walk will begin at 11:30 a.m. from the Arena Floor.
For 5K Runners:
- UPDATE: Packet pickup will be Friday, April 17 from 11:00--6:00 p.m. at the Ralston Arena. Use the Southeast Entrance doors.
- Online registration open until Tuesday. April 14 at 5:00 p.m.
- Cotton Tshirt included with registrations made prior to April 4.
- Registration after April 4 will not incur a late fee, but no tshirt will be given.
- If at all possible, pick up packet on Friday, April 17 to help with congestion on race day morning.
- When registering, if you are not joining a business team, a team supporting individuals, or another organization's team, you can join the "5K Team of Runners" or you can create a team using your own name as the team name.
- This is a certified 5K and will be chip timed.
- Click here for RACE MAP
- Top three Male & Female and Top Masters Male & Female will receive a prize.
- Brackets are 1-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and older.
- Additional 5K information can be found on our FAQ Page.
- We are pleased to provide one of the only Family Friendly 5K’s in the area! Come run and then stay for the fun. With face painting, bounce houses, Storm Troopers, stage show, and more, you can’t go wrong at our run.
- Share our flier with your friends!
Can't attend the actual walk? No worries! Register and join us by fundraising to support the cause! All funds raised by the Autism Society stay in Nebraska where we can directly impact the lives of our local community!
Registration is easy! Take a few moments and create your own personal fundraising page and help us spread the word!
Remember to register by April 4, 2015 in order to be able to order a shirt. Late registration no longer has a price increase, but a shirt can not be ordered by those who register after April 4.
Every 8 minutes…
Every 8 minutes a child is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.
The family is told that early intervention is critical.
They then realize they cannot afford those services.
Please help us help them!
Learn more about the Autism Society of Nebraska at www.autismnebraska.org!
Team Captain Sponsors
Goodwill Industries ~ Lorrie & Sam Bryant
Munroe Meyer ACT Clinic ~ Autism Action Partnership
Right at Home
Fat Brain Toys ~ Larry Zier& Associates